DURATION: Continuous Project
NAME OF COMMUNITY: Ijesha Ijebu, Ogun State, Nigeria.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION: growth 360 is aimed at improving the quality of life and standard of living of local cassava farmers through optimal utilization of the plant that is, through large scale cultivation, more mechanized processing and by product creation to reduce wastage. The target audience is burdened with tedious methods of cassava cultivation and transportation of the harvested cassava to neighboring community for processing, which increases the cost of the cassava end products.
- High rate of unemployment affecting the community
- Limited resources to process cassava into garri and other products in a large scale.
- Additional cost of transportation of cassava and its products
- Lack of co-operation between the local farmers.
- Lack of technical know-how to maximize the quantity of end products of cassava processing
- Underutilization of the cassava plant
- Underutilization of factors of production
- Land fragmentation
- Wastage as a result of transportation of product and other factors
POSSIBILITIES TO TRANSFORM LIVES
- Increase in farmers income
- Introduction of mechanized agriculture
- Optimal utilization of the cassava to produce garri, cassava flour and other by-products such as ethanol.
- Increase development of the community by creating a platform for investment by agro-allied companies.
Click on the Facebook like button below to vote for this project.